Dear Friend of littlelifts,
We are nearing the end of 2020 and what a year it has been for us all. But we have kept on going and we are so thankful to you, a valued member of our #littleliftscommunity, for being with us every step of the way.
We couldn’t have done it without you
It’s been a tough year for our small charity, but here we are still smiling because, despite changes to the ways we work and fundraise, we have continued to support women with breast cancer by giving them a littlelifts box.
Thanks to your support we have:
- Delivered 409 littlelifts boxes to support women through their chemotherapy treatment.
- Launched support for women facing radiotherapy treatment and, since October, we have delivered 138 boxes to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital.
- Hosted two virtual focus groups, listening to and learning from experiences of women who have undergone breast cancer treatment during these very testing times.
We’re small, but we are mighty – we’ve been working hard to support women beyond our hospital partnerships.
- In June we launched a partnership with Make2ndsCount, a charity supporting women with secondary breast cancer across the UK. They fund littlelifts boxes so that women who are not receiving treatment at one of our hospital partnerships can apply for a littlelifts box. Since June we have provided an additional 176 women with a littlelifts box through this initiative.
- Our discretionary fund has provided littlelifts boxes to an additional 20 women.
- In October we re-opened our online shop with every sale supporting our work to support even more women with breast cancer.
Thank you for making us smile
We’ve been overwhelmed by the lovely messages and comments we receive each week, and we have loved seeing you taking part in our virtual events as well as your own fundraising throughout the year. I wanted to share with you a few fundraising highlights from our #littleliftscommunity:
- The Posties of Fakenham have certainly kept us entertained with their amazing fancy dress challenge. Not only have they brought joy to everyone on their rounds, but they have raised over £11,500 to support our work.
- We made it Around the World – over 500 people took part in our first ever virtual marathon and together we walked enough steps to make it around the World, impressive huh? We think so!
- Taking to the sky – six brave souls joined our littlelifts Team Sky Dive and, on a chilly day in October, soared through the sky raising funds for littlelifts. Fancy joining us in 2021? Click here if so.
Looking forward to 2021
We are commited to continue supporting women with breast cancer by giving them a littlelifts box. Continued support from Art for Cure and SinclairInternational means that we will be aiming to grow our hospital partnerships within East Anglia in 2021.
We will continue to respond to feedback from women with breast cancer and the hospital teams we work with and plan to provide littlelifts boxes to all radiotherapy patients across our hospital partnerships.
The coronavirus outbreak has seen a significant increase in the number of enquiries we receive from women undergoing breast cancer treatment. In 2021, thanks to support from Spacemasks, we will be launching a UK wide discretionary fund so that many more women can benefit from a littlelifts box.
Sending you love and thanks this Christmas
We cannot do any of this without your continued support so thank you.
You are helping to make a big difference to the lives of women with breast cancer.
It has been a challenging year for us all and we hope that you can enjoy a restful and peaceful Christmas.
Remember, be kind to yourself.
Love Oa x
Ps. If you’re a wild swimmer or know someone who is then you may like to join in with our littlelifts Big Dip challenge, which is all about ‘dipping’ throughout the month of January and raising funds to support women with breast cancer at the same time. Why not kick start 2021 and join in?!